Top Ten McPherson Facts
1. The 488-acre Fort McPherson military base closed on September 15, 2011.
2. The master plan has been approved by HUD.
3. The redevelopment will be based on the zoning plan, pending City Council approval.
4. Buildings that have been identified by the State Historic Preservation Office will be protected.
5. The Veterans Administration will own and operate the existing Lawrence Joel Clinic along with four adjacent buildings.
6. The entire site is located within incorporated City of Atlanta and is also in the Campbellton Road Tax Allocation District.
7. Both the McPherson and the Associated Credit Unions and the Commissary remain open.
8. As the site is redeveloped and businesses open, jobs will be created.
9. The redevelopment of the McPherson site will be market driven and may take as many as 20 years for the approved master plan vision to become a reality.
10. Interim leasing opportunities for qualified business operators will be available after January 2013. Individuals that are interested should contact MILRA as soon as possible to learn more about leasing the existing buildings, including the daycare facility, bowling alley, post exchange, and administrative offices. Please contact Darlene Hawksley at (404)588-5462 for more information.